Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fringe Festival




I am grateful the prairie skirt days of seasons prior are now demode. The only brand of bohemian I can bare fashion wise is Toulouse Lautrec and Co. Before I sound hasty, let's specify that the trend can work when balanced with something sleek. Enter the fringe. A little flourish of suede is all you need. I just ordered a pair of darling booties to promenade around France in this summer. Sandals and perhaps a slightly unsightly vintage Danier jacket are other possible considerations. If I don't fall in love while abroad, I'm thinking I'll take the money I would have spent on fancy lingerie and buy myself the final word in fringe: Balmain's boots. A perfect example of how to wear this trend--with something sharp and sparkly. To go with a flowy style would be so Sienna Miller 06. This season, it's more Pocohontas partying at Studio 54.


From London's darling Christopher Kane's shreds and snakeskin, to the unusually softened showing at Roberto Cavalli, the fringe has benefits.

x M.

No comments: