Saturday, October 25, 2008

To Cure a Fashion Hangover


After an exhilarating week of fun and fashion in a city that every so often rekindles my excitement, I was awakened this morning with a very bad case of the fashion week blues. As a true addict I had to keep my high alive, so I quickly opted for another round of this sartorial substance.

Alas, the ultimate cure happened at 11:00am in a gallery covered in original Wayne Clark fashion sketches. I felt so inspired as the gallery owner guided me through four glamorous decades of Wayne Clark fashions, sketch by sketch. Mr. Clark is a glam icon to say the least:


The sketch above on the bottom right corner is titled: Canadian Lumberjack Plaid, 1998. I felt a sudden burst of patriotism when I read that, which lifted me out of my funk and put me in a serious shopping mood.

I was obviously tres inspired by the gallery installation for the remainder of the day, take a look at this vintage Wayne Clark-esque dress I purchased (also shown above):

Yours in style,

Carly







No comments: